This position would be working as part of the Systems Team which is responsible for the health and up-time of the platform, on which all services are built and maintained. The position would require both daily management of the system, onboarding of clients, responsibility for escalation tickets and on-going team projects. Knowledge and experience are required, and an ability to work with clients directly will be very important.
We will need this person to have an entrepreneurial mindset and to be fully invested in our “premium-customer-first” service model. He/She will be a trusted leader but also enjoy digging in and getting their hands dirty. A sense of humor is a must.
- Respond to escalated issues from the support team in a timely fashion.
- Ownership and follow up of pending issues to resolution.
- Onboarding of new clients to the platform.
- Provide off hours support on a rotating schedule every 2-3 months as escalation for support team.
- Respond and action alerts from centralized management system to maintain health of platform.
- Provide weekly status updates on outstanding tickets and current projects.
- Management of Multi-tenant hosted Exchange platform in a team based environment.
- Management of Multi-tenant hosted Citrix platform in a team based environment.
- Ensure server and client builds are completed according to company based checklists and procedures.
- Have high interaction with support team, fostering positive and effective working relationships.
- Pressure/short deadlines.
- Must be able to work both independently and in project team oriented work groups.
- Multi-tasking environment.
- Works with diverse problems of complex scope where analysis situation requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment and must be seen as an ambassador of goodwill.
- Highly logical thinker and skilled in identifying root cause of problems.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Must have availability to work nights and some weekends should the need arise.\
- A Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or similar focus
- Microsoft Certified (MCSE) a plus
- VMWare Certified Professional a plus
- 4-6 years’ experience in an system engineering role
- Strong technical skills in the following area’s
- Windows Server 2008/R2/2012/2012R2
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows File Sharing
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- Citrix XenApp 5.0/6/5
- VMWare vSphere 5.0/5.5