The senior network engineer is primarily responsible for the configuration, implementation and on-going support of firm’s LAN, WAN, and wireless services. The scope of this position includes network design, equipment selection & implementation and support for all network components including: MPLS, switches, routers, firewalls, network monitoring equipment, network sniffers, network analyzers, scanners, CUCM, Unity voice mail, IP phones, UCCX and network security.
• 24×7 accountability for all aspects of firm’s data, voice and wireless networks.
• Support day-to-day network activities, including:
• Monitoring all systems.
• Ensuring network performance goals are met.
• Interfacing with other teams to scope and develop solutions for business needs.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining all network equipment.
• Design, configure, implement and support firm’s WAN, LAN and wireless environments.
• Maintain SLA monitoring and compliance reporting
• Ensure maximum network performance is available across the board.
• Ensure maximum network stability and availability across all local and remote networks.
• Analyze and resolve network hardware and software connectivity issues.
• Maintain network security through installation, configuration, and maintenance of L2/L3 access controls, firewalls, etc.
• Work closely with the Information Security team to lock down critical resources and to monitor all systems for breaches.
• Order new circuits as necessary and coordinate disconnects/moves of circuits with internal business contacts and outside vendors.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of all network equipment, circuits, IP addresses.
• Maintain accurate network diagrams and associated documentation.
• Assist in the development of RFPs relating to network equipment and services.
Professional Experience Required
8+ years managing and supporting sophisticated networks.
• 5+ years managing networks in a “production” operations setting where change control and stability are key drivers to success.
• 5+ years designing, architecting and deploying networks.
• 3+ years of experience with the following technologies:
• Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc)
Skills & Abilities Required
• Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to use sound judgement when working with team members.
• Strong understanding of industry-standard change control methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to design, document, test, and deploy complex network infrastructure.
• Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and time management skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills; candidates must be capable of analyzing and resolving complex technical problems.
• Ability to drive the evaluation, selection, deployment and use of monitoring tools for data, wireless and voice networks.
• Ability to work with multiple project and work streams concurrently, with an ability to deliver work products on time and within budget.