Leading technology investing firm are looking to hire FT. A new position due to growth you will work within a small and collabrative team and respond to user requests for service and determine the nature and extent of technical support needed for issues with PCs, Macs, mobile/tablet devices and other IT related equipment.
Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of PC software applications. Perform hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
Sustain working knowledge of end user hardware and software.
Participate in 24×7 on call rotation.
Conduct installation of systems and resolve problems at the homes of key employees.
- Technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office ’13/’16 and Apple OSX / iOS.
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting).
- Experience with remote access technologies (VPN, terminal services, team viewer).
- Must possess sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
- The ability to perform all of the duties of the position independently, efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication and training skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non‐technical users.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership position within an IT support team.
- B.A./B.S. degree in computer science or related discipline; or the combination of education and relative experience
- Relevant certifications (MCP, Network+, Security+, A+)
- 3‐5 years help desk experience (preferably with private equity / hedge funds).
- 3‐7 years Windows and Microsoft Office experience
- Extensive experience in customer service (C‐level employees)
- Experience with Help Desk ticketing systems
- The ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 ‐ 50 pounds.