The Sr. System Engineer is to be responsible for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise level access control, video system and database applications. Will plan, organise, direct, control and implement application-related projects, upgrades, system migrations and commissioning.
- Responsible for meeting with clients to determine their system needs.
- Ability to work with design team to engineer complete system(s).
- Monitor and maintain system health which includes Database and application Servers.
- Test, program and troubleshoot access control and digital video systems.
- Follow assigned projects through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems.
- Create test plans and test systems.
- Install complete turnkey system (software and hardware).
- Customize system to tailor to customers’ business model.
- Work off hours to support customers and technicians globally.
- Troubleshoot system/network related issues over the phone with customers and vendors.
- Ability to train customers and technicians on respective systems.
- Be available for 24 hour phone support.
- Document and maintain system architecture and parameters specific to customer.
- To work in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety standards and requirements; with the safety of self and others in mind at all time.
- Experience (ideally certifications) in at least one of the following: Lenel, SoftwareHouse CCure, AMAG, Avigilon ACC/ACM, Genetec, S2 Access Control Systems other Video Management Systems.
- Must be able to navigate through system database software to configure and troubleshoot data and hardware related issues.
- Demonstrated experience with system upgrade process and practices as well as methodical and careful planning is essential.
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise System architecture is a plus.
- Government Secret clearance is a minimum.