This is a new position due to growth. The ideal candidate will have excellent operational skills and be able to help lead and mentor the Credit Operations team members across multiple locations. Have a deep understanding of the credit business and the ability to work closely with Trading, Portfolio Management Operations, Technology, Finance, Legal, and Compliance leaders.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day operations of the Credit business as well as other smaller businesses under the firm’s umbrella with tradeable securities.
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise various activities relating to any aspect of the operational workflow, from pre-trade compliance to trade settlement to liquidity management to corporate action processing to portfolio accounting to cash reconciliation.
- Help lead a global team. Direct and guide the team, prioritize requests from stakeholders, weigh up cost/benefit and set team direction accordingly.
- Identify areas of operational risk and execute plans to mitigate them.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Front Office and other Business Operations / Finance teams.
- Develop, support and enforce best practices and operational standards within the team.
- 15yrs+ experience in Financial Services;
- 7yrs+ of hands-on operational experience with credit assets in the alternative investment industry.
- Acute attention to detail • Process, Control and Technology-oriented mindset
- Deep knowledge of credit instruments (both bonds and loans) and the credit market.
- Experience working with front office investment professionals.
- Data management
- Liquid, distressed and private credit loans
- Hands on Loan, Equity and Bond Trade Settlement
- Treasury Management
- Offshore team management
- Advent Geneva; BMS Everest; ClearPar; Fund Accounting knowledge
- Technology, business analyst and/or programming experience