A leading global Investment firm that manages investments across multiple asset classes have created a new position due to growth. As a member of the Investment Operations group, specifically within the Back Office Team, this individual will be responsible for managing the day to day activities along with daily financial and operational processing of the firm’s Investment Subledger (Geneva) activity and related cash reconciliations (Electra). The ideal candidate is detail oriented with strong management skills, and organizational skills.
- Oversight of the offshore team and consultant resources, identify areas for improvement and implement recommendations to improve process efficiencies and increase risk mitigation.
- Communicate daily with agent banks, trustees, and counterparties involved in the administration of bank loan activity.
- Monitor portfolio investment activity and ensure asset transactions are updated accordingly in Geneva.
- Review system generated reports to ensure data integrity and accuracy related to asset activity.
- Provide investment transaction activity support and information to cross functional areas within the Finance team.
- Work with the Manager and VP on the management and operation of the reconciliation process including Cash, Par and Non Custody reconciliations across all funds.
- Work on ad-hoc projects, contribute ideas and recommendations to improve process efficiencies and increase risk mitigation.
- Training and mentoring of junior team members.
Experience an skills should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years business experience specifically in bank loans/leveraged loans, fixed-income products, CLOs, ABS and CMBS products.
- 2-5 years of management experience.
- Excellent communication, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong control focus and ability to challenge streamline processes.
- Team-oriented work ethic that includes willingness to help others and share ideas.
- Demonstrates initiative with regard to increasing own knowledge and assuming additional responsibility.
- Strong management skills with experienced working with an outsource/offshore team
- Knowledge of Geneva (preferred), Black Mountain System (Everest), Open Stars (Electra), Wall Street Office.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel